Capstone California Wine Certification
The Introductory Level 1 covers 6 hours of classes, with 16 California signature wines to be tasted. After completing this course, you will learn:
- How California's geography, especially the Pacific Ocean and mountain ranges affect viticulture and wine styles.
- Understand the basics of grape-growing practices and viticulture, and able to identify and describe important grape varieties grown in California.
- Introduction to the American Viticultural Area (AVA) system, including the world-famous AVAs of Napa Valley, Sonoma County and Santa Barbara County.
- Explore California's iconic wineries, such as Ridge Vineyards, Frog’s Leap Winery and Robert Mondavi Winery.
- Learn about the key statistics for California wine in global production, consumption and exports.