WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course will cover:
- How local production traditions, coupled with local laws, are used to create different styles of spirits in the following categories:
-sugar cane spirits
-Tequila and Mezcal
-flavoured spirits (spiced rum, flavoured vodka, gin, aniseed spirits, bitter spirits/amaro, cocktail bitters, liqueurs)
- The techniques used during the four stages of spirits production: processing the raw material, alcoholic fermentation; distillation; and post-distillation operations
- How techniques used during the four stages of production determine the style of a spirit
- How aromatised wines are made
- How a balanced cocktail is made and examples in four notable cocktail families (the spirit-forward, the short sour, the highball and the long sour)
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits ® (SAT)
You’ll be able to taste more than 35 Spirits during the course by using the WSET level 2 Spirits SAT to understand how the key factors in the spirits production of spirits are influencing the style and quality of spirits.
Successful candidates will be able to give information on the characteristics of the principal spirits and aromatised wines as well as their methods of production. They will confidently provide guidance on the use and service of spirits and make informed recommendations to customers when selecting spirits and liqueurs to meet their taste and price requirements.
- 18 years + experience in wine education and we are well connected with the wine & sake industry
- Our educators are knowledgeable, passionate, engaging and sharing a commitment to delivery courses and tastings to the highest educational standards
- All our courses and tastings are delivered with utmost professionalism filled with fun
- We will provide extra support for your learning in-class and between classes
- Incredible wine and sake selection. All wines and sakes are specially chosen to showcase the best examples for educational requirements. We will make sure every wine and sake we select has a story to tell
- Great networking among students. Many of our students form life long bonds with one another to share a mutual passion
- Fun and exclusive wine & sake study trips
Green Room, 3/F, The Hive, 33-35 Hillier Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
16 tutorial hours (8 sessions, 2 hours per session)
Duration: 1 Hour
Format: 50 multiple-choice questions
– Pass: 55% – 69%
– Pass with Merit: 70% – 84%
– Pass with Distinction: 85% and above
You are recommended to have WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits or equivalent level of knowledge. You must be aged 18 or above.
*No Class on Jun 22
|7:30pm – 9:30pm||Cantonese||HKD 7,280||Aug 5 (Sat), 10:30am – 11:30am||Enrol
There are no reviews yet.